Sparking innovation to ensure young people flourish in a time of profound change.
- $7M+ Granted
- 162 Projects Funded
- 1OK+ Youth Engaged
Through grantmaking, CLX offers resources to partner organizations committed to exchanging ideas and advancing equity in remaking learning for Chicago’s youth. CLX offers a semi-annual request for proposals (RFP) that is only open to CLX partner organizations. The RFP provides project-based support to create hands-on, engaging programs or spaces that inspire learners to pursue their interests as well as develop skills using digital media tools and technologies. From time to time, CLX issues a specific calls to action on topics such as creating hybrid learning opportunities [i.e. in-person or online], connecting learning across boundaries through project-based learning [i.e. in-school and out-of-school space], or introducing families to hands-on learning.
CLX recognizes that those closest to the challenges are usually best positioned to create solutions. Therefore, CLX ignites and fuels educators and organizations through grants, so they can lead the design and implementation of solutions to our city’s most pressing challenges.
We ask ourselves and our community:
- How might we create learning opportunities that ignite a young person’s passions?
- How might educators create curricula that resonates with a young person’s life?
- How might we promote learning across boundaries (i.e. in-school, out-of-school, online, and in-person?
- How might we build a culture of experimentation in that failure is okay as long as we learn from failure?
Our hope: CLX support helps our partners turn “how might we” statements into action.
- Collaborative projects that leverage digital media or technology to create learner-centered experiences and opportunities
- Travel to Select Conferences
- Brother Mike Award