Teach Teens to Navigate Misinformation + Fake News
The proliferation of false content online presents an urgent need to teach teens how to navigate media and tell fact from fiction. The resources below provide information and essential tools to address this growing need.
- Spread of Fake News Prompts Literacy Efforts in Schools
- Real Things Teachers Can Do to Combat Fake News
- Teaching Strategies to Detect Fake News
- Common Sense Education News & Media Literacy Educator Toolkit
- Mission:Information Teaching Kit
- Calling Bullshit: Data Reasoning in a Digital World Syllabus
- MsinfoCon: Summit Lightning Talks & Executive Summary
- The News Literacy Project - A national education nonprofit offering nonpartisan, independent programs that teach students how to know what to believe in the digital age.
- Is It Fake News?
- MisinfoCon - A global movement focused on building solutions to online trust, verification, fact checking, and reader experience in the interest of addressing misinformation in all of its forms.