The Adler Planetarium—America’s First Planetarium— is more than a museum; it is a laboratory, a classroom, and a community exploring the Universe together. Each year, over 570,000 visitors experience the museum’s interactive exhibitions, live planetarium shows, hands-on, minds-on STEM programs, and world-class collections.
The mission of the Adler Planetarium is to inspire exploration and understanding of our Universe. We value:
- An engaging, user-friendly museum serving diverse audiences
- Excitement and curiosity about space science and space exploration
- Programs based on credible science and educational research
- Well-managed collections
- Adherence to results-oriented planning
- A professional work environment and highly motivated, diverse staff
- Long-term financial stability and the economic viability of our endeavors.
Adler Teen Programs provides Chicago students with a safe and fun space to learn, experiment, and gain exposure to new possibilities through hands-on STEM opportunities.