Hiring: CLX Pathways Program Manager
The Program Manager: Pathways Support position is a collaborative position working with various CLX initiatives and partners locally and at times nationally. This position works closely with CLX’s Director of Programs to develop strategies and manage projects for CLX’s Pathway Programs in Energy and Computer Science.
This is a full-time position that requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed. See the job function details outlined below and linked here.
Essential Job Functions:
Project Management + Partnerships
- Lead and work collaboratively with key partners and stakeholders to develop a strategy for creating academic and career pathways in energy and computer science.
- Lead meetings and committees with internal and external stakeholders including creating agendas, research, planning, and facilitation.
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships across stakeholders such as Chicago Public Schools (CPS) STEM, Department of Family & Support Services’ (DFSS) One Summer Chicago, City Colleges, industry partners, and others.
- Research best practices and education trends for pathway creation and connection, and identify methods to incorporate these into CLX’s work.
- Provide input to the strategic framework and implementation of pathway program goals, metrics, and reporting as well as alignment with CLX’s overall strategic plan and roadmap.
- Manage and troubleshoot summer youth employment programs by overseeing recruitment, training, implementation, and retention of students, near peer mentors, and lead instructors for the Illuminating Energy Pathways (IEP) programs.
- Establish and maintain a youth advisory council to engage in user testing, message testing, curriculum development and year-long youth engagement for the IEP projects.
- Establish and manage a CS-related Pathways Community of Practice (CoP)
- Adopt practices for data collection, migration, and dissemination
- Support follow up tasks as assigned by senior leadership
Finance and Operations
- Develop and manage CLX pathways budget to support annual plan and identify fundraising needs in support of community development efforts.
- Create content and share information on grant proposals and reports for funders and media.
- Contribute to CLX’s larger communications strategy and implementation.
- Effectively represent CLX with Network members, funders, community partners, City officials, Board of Directors, and other internal and external stakeholders, etc.
Qualifications & Expertise
- Teaching or workforce development experience in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and/or Computer Science (CS).
- Knowledge of hands-on, innovative learning and work programs, pathways, and ecosystems.
- Strong organizational, planning and logistical skills with the ability to advance multiple priorities/projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated timely follow-through and ability to organize complex tasks, work at a rigorous pace, and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple relationships, staff, and projects.
- Excellent and expeditious verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues to a variety of diverse audiences, both internal and external.
- Ability to take initiative and remain flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to cultivate and sustain relationships with diverse audiences in a manner which consistently demonstrates respect, empathy, and responsiveness.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Preferred - Master’s degree in education or public policy with a minimum of five years of experience in program and/or non-profit administration with project management, writing, and facilitation experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be based on experience. Position includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance. In the first year of work, 12 days of paid vacation and 10 days of company holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, please use the following format: Last name.First initial- Program Manager Applications. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Online submission in PDF format is preferred. No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job primarily operates in a work from home setting due to COVID-19. Once the pandemic is over, CLX may return to clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
Local travel to community events and meetings is required. 10-20% of local travel.
Potential annual out of state travel may/will be required to represent CLX. This is currently subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
This job is clerical and primarily a sedentary role. However, during travel and preparation for events it may be required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time and lift and carry objects up to 30lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of CLX to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CLX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.