Hiring: CLX Network Program Manager
Who We Are
Do you get excited about advancing racial equity in learning and work for a rapidly-changing world? Chicago Learning Exchange (CLX) is on a mission to inspire and support innovation to close opportunity gaps for digital-age learners and leaders.
CLX lives into its mission by curating a Network of over 200+ youth-serving organizations across sectors and topics who are united to advance racial equity in 21st century learning. With our Network, CLX also invests in innovations and collaborations through grantmaking, connects and builds learning and work pathways, as well as champions raising awareness about hands-on, innovative learning in the in-school, out-of-school, and online spaces through a city-wide festival. Learn more at chicagolx.org.
What You Will Do
The Network Program Manager position is an independent and collaborative position working to foster connective tissue amongst Chicago’s out-of-school time innovation ecosystem. This position works closely to develop two key initiatives: CLX Professional Learning Network and Remake Learning Days CHI—a four-day citywide pop-up learning festival geared towards engaging and connecting families to 21st century learning opportunities. The Network Program Manager will report to CLX’s Executive Director, and will work closely with our Program Associate and Network members to manage programs, develop strategies, and report on impact.
You should apply if you’re a natural connector, ambitious, and analytical educator who can cultivate a network and foster professional learning. A strong commitment to racial equity is a must.
This is a full-time position which requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed. See job function details outlined below.
Essential Job Functions:
Network Management, Engagement, and Growth
- Catalyze existing Network wide-activities and events including monthly meetups, professional developments as well as co-create new opportunities
- Lead Remake Learning Days CHI Project Management by implementing CLX existing materials and Remake Learning Days Across America toolkit.
- Support the Executive Director and facilitate CLX Executive Council working groups to ensure Network activities and events reflect the needs, ideas, and direction of the membership community
- Manage ongoing meetings and committees with internal and external stakeholders including creating agendas, research, planning, and facilitation
- Assist Executive Director to implement CLX Network sustainability and expansion strategies
- Coordinate with external evaluators to share insights about learning and evaluation
- Create internal and external facing reports analyzing Network data and share outcomes for funders, board meetings, annual report, etc.
- Provide input to the strategic framework and implementation of Network goals, metrics, and reporting as well as alignment with CLX’s overall strategic plan and roadmap
Finance and Operations
- Support management and development of CLX Network budget to support annual plan and identify fundraising needs in support of Network development efforts
- Draft data reports to share information on grant proposals and reports for funders and media
- Document, reflect, and synthesize Network work, sharing promising practices, network activities, and compelling ideas broadly and openly on multiple platforms such as blogs, social media, YouTube, and discussion channels
- Contribute to CLX’s larger communications strategy and implementation
- Effectively represent CLX with Network members, funders, community partners, City officials, Board of Directors, and other internal and external stakeholders, etc.
Qualifications & Expertise
- Expansive networks and deep and diverse relationships within the 21st century and OST fields
- Experience building and nurturing networks, coalitions, or communities that encompass a range of perspectives, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, planning and logistical skills with the ability to advance multiple priorities/projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated timely follow-through and ability to organize complex tasks, work at a rigorous pace, and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple relationships, staff, and projects.
- Excellent and expeditious verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues to a variety of diverse audiences, both internal and external.
- Ability to take initiative and remain flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to cultivate and sustain relationships with diverse audiences in a manner which consistently demonstrates respect, empathy, and responsiveness.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Preferred - Master’s degree in education or youth development with a minimum of five years of experience in program and/or non-profit administration with project management, writing, and facilitation experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be based on experience. The position includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance. In the first year of work, 12 days of paid vacation and 10 days of company holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, please use the following format: Last name. First initial- Network Program Manager Applications. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Online submission in PDF format is preferred. No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job primarily operates in a work from home setting due to COVID-19. Once the pandemic is over, CLX may return to clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
Local travel to community events and meetings is required. 10-20% of local travel.
Potential annual out of state travel may/will be required to represent CLX. This is currently subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
This job is clerical and primarily a sedentary role. However, during travel and preparation for events it may be required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time and lift and carry objects up to 30lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of CLX to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CLX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.