Hiring: Part-time CLX Finance & Operations Manager
CLX is seeking a highly detail-oriented Finance & Operations Manager who has a track record of effective financial management and operations. In this role, you will need to be highly organized, have excellent financial acumen, and strategic planning skills. CLX is a small but mighty team, so you will have the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively. You will work closely with CLX’s Executive Director to manage finances, create financial reports for our Board of Directors, as well as work with the CLX team to manage our strategy and operations.
A can-do attitude with incredible attention to detail and exceptional financial and operational acumen is ideal. This is a 20-hour part-time position that requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
Finance and Accounting:
- Gather and collect all financial data and information, and accurately enter into QuickBooks to monitor and retrieve the financial details when needed, etc.
- Review and post account-payable ledger entries, manage and process invoices, prepare and review account receivable, and conduct other balance reconciliation
- Oversee and support contracts, payments, payroll, and reimbursement for CLX staff, partners, consultants, and vendors
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to ED and Board of Directors, which include drafting budgets, reporting on cash flow, and creating policies.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of CLX operational units through sound fiscal-management practices
- Serves as the main point of contact and liaison for CLX Annual Audit process with external auditors by assisting in the preparation of audit requirements, reviewing and sharing appropriate source documentation and making relevant adjustments, and serving as a liaison to CLX Board of Directors Treasurer.
- Lead budget preparation and drafting of relevant documents, perform miscellaneous filing, ad hoc reconciliation, grant budgeting, and reporting with input from CLX staff.
- Ensure timely completion of the assigned accounting tasks that are in accordance with the outlined policies and procedures
- Be present and lead at various meetings in order to communicate financials and address issues and to identify opportunities for enhancements
- In partnership with the Executive Director, the CLX team, and Board of Directors serve as the owner and lead of CLX’s annual strategic/operating roadmap and implementation, including identifying goals and metrics, and reporting
- Identify and implement operational improvements and efficiencies with appropriate stakeholders
- Support CLX employee and consultant lifecycle, including hiring, evaluation and onboarding/offboarding
- Serve as the main point of contact for operational matters for CLX employees, vendors, consultants, etc.
Requirements of the Position
- Embraces the mission and values of CLX
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least three years experience in mission-oriented resource finance and operations
- Project management experience is preferred
- Excellent financial analysis and reporting skills, including a demonstrated ability to translate complex financial information to easily understandable visuals
- Highly organized, attention to detail, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented
- Highly collaborative work style and ability to advocate and plan from ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial; enjoys developing and implementing new initiatives
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects
- A passion for education and equity issues
- Willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Proficiency with Quickbooks, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Excel and Suite, Acrobat, Salesforce, and ability to quickly learn other tools/technology
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be based on experience. In the first year of work, 12 days of paid vacation and 10 days of company holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, please use the following format: Last name.First initial- Finance and Operations Manager. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Online submission in PDF format is preferred. No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job primarily operates in a work from home setting due to COVID-19. Once the pandemic is over, CLX may return to a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
Local travel to community events and meetings is required. 10-20% of local travel.
Potential annual out of state travel may/will be required to represent CLX. This is currently subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
This job is clerical and primarily a sedentary role. However, during travel and preparation for events, it may be required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time and lift and carry objects up to 30lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of CLX to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CLX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.