Jobs / Job Details
FinTech Program Instructor
Code Your Dreams (CYD) is offering a Spring program in partnership with the Lawndale Christian Legal Center (LCLC) for Chicago youth under 25 (In-Person at the LCLC) 1-2 times per week between 5:00pm and 6:30PM.
"We can put justice back in our criminal justice system. We’ve already begun in four of the most segregated, under-resourced, and heavily policed neighborhoods in Chicago." - LCLC
This program track is Financial Technology where students are introduced to the opportunities that exist within the financial and technology industries. Students participate in design thinking, UI/UX, and software development activities geared toward financial technology. Stipends are offered for program participants on a weekly basis.
Chicago, IL (1530 S Hamlin Ave, Chicago, IL 60623)
12 Weeks + Paid Training
Starts early March
5:30pm - 6:30pm
1-2 times per week
Starting salary of $20/hour (dependent on background and experience)
Summary of Position
We are hiring part-time instructor positions to facilitate our Spring Program. This is a paid position. Onboarding and preparation time will be paid.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Become familiar with curriculum and technology tools
· Implement Code Your Dreams Curriculum for the program duration. This includes modifying for your program and developing resources where necessary.
· Supervise students in a 7:1 ratio
· Communicate between students, guest speakers and Code Your Dream staff
We are looking for instructors with the following qualifications:
· Experience working with youth; High School students preferred
· Cultural competency
· Passion for financial technology
· Basic knowledge of coding, computer science principles, design, and/or finance
· Organized and proactive nature
· Ability to meet in-person at the Lawndale Christian Legal Center
If you are interested in this position, apply today on LinkedIn OR email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Spring Program Instructor” in the subject line.