Jobs / Job Details
Director of Programs @ All Stars Project
Title: Director of Programs
Job Location: All Stars Project of Chicago (ASP of Chicago)
Status: Full-Time, Exempt, Hybrid
Reports to: Vice President / Director, All Stars Project of Chicago
Salary Range: $75,000-$90,000
The Director of Programs plays a key role in the growth ASP of Chicago through the development and
execution of All Stars development programs and is a part of the ASP of Chicago Leadership Team. The
Program Director will manage ASP of Chicago’s youth development programs in alignment with the
performance-based approach to human development established by and practiced at the All Stars Project.
Programs include: the Development School for Youth (DSY) and summer internship programs; performance
workshops; community outreach; alumni engagement; Afterschool Development Working Group and
volunteerism with the programs. The Program Director partners with the VP/Director of Chicago to ensure the
quality of all Chicago program activities, and will lead, manage and develop program staff and volunteers to
create vibrant programming for underserved young people and adults across Chicago.
• With the VP/Director, design, create and execute program plans for the ASP of Chicago.
• Lead the implementation of a vibrant outreach program to attract new students to ASP’s youth
programs, participating with the team in its delivery.
• Lead the set up and execution of the DSY program and all associated components. This includes
outreach and recruitment, interviews and enrollment, program production, corporate relations,
internship placements and onboarding, and related special events.
• Work with team on the production of all youth performance workshops and special events. This
includes identifying and securing venues, presenters, speakers, instructors, and business leaders and
ensuring the smooth execution of each event.
• Manage summer internship placement and onboarding process, and relationships with internship
• Produce quality communications with constituents including students, parents and families, alumni,
program associates and relationship managers, volunteers, philanthropic partners, community and
afterschool partners and internship supervisors.
• Work with the staff, volunteer and alumni teams to produce and conduct performance workshops in the
Chicago community with community partners.
• Manage annual programs budget.
• Create and deliver timely and accurate program data reports. Ensure that program plan benchmarks for
involvement and programming are met.
• Respond to other requests from VP/Director as needed.
• Develop expertise in, and lead the advancement of the ASP’s performance-based approach to human
• Identify, cultivate and maintain partnerships with community leaders and organizations in the
• Lead the team in expanding and developing volunteer participation in all programs, including host
trainings, corporate volunteer days, and overall program management.
• Partner with the Development (fundraising) Team in working with business leaders and cultural and
community organizations to participate in program activities and fundraising activities that interface with
• Recruit, train and manage a faculty of volunteers to support youth programs, including DSY Program
Associates. Partner with Senior Director of Development to lead DSY Trustees leadership body.
• Direct additional programming and performance-based initiatives in partnership with the VP/Director.
Management & Supervision
• Hire, direct and supervise program staff, including providing regular supervision, conducting
performance reviews, and creating onboarding and development plans.
• Work with program team to recruit and organize program alumni and ASP of Chicago volunteers who
help produce events and provide program support.
• Understanding of poverty-related issues and a commitment to creating growth and developmental
opportunities for inner-city youth in outside of school contexts
• Experience in relationship- and partnership-building
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact, communicate professionally, and
partner with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Strong intellectual curiosity, with keen interest in advancing ASP’s approach to human development
• Proven capacity to apply independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing multiple tasks in
a diversified work-load
• Four to seven years non-profit program management experience, including direct work with young
people and community connections
• Proven people management abilities, with experience in supervising full-time staff members and
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong business acumen
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Established success working with board members and business leaders of organizations
• Experience working in databases, i.e., AirTable, NXT
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree/advanced certifications preferred
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and Saturdays when needed
• Valid driver’s license required, access to a vehicle is preferred (but not required)
• Providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required
About All Stars Project
The All Stars Project is changing the national dialogue about how to meaningfully impact the lives of people
growing up and living in poverty, and the role that “outside-of-school” plays in preparing inner-city youth for
success in their lives. At All Stars, inner-city youth participate in hip-hop talent shows, leadership training in
partnership with the business community, an internationally award-winning police-community relations
program, and more. We have transformed our unique, community-based and grassroots programs, founded in
NYC in 1981, into a growing movement reaching 10,000 inner-city youth and families each year in 6 cities, and
raising $11 million annually in private funding.
We have become one of the country’s leading Afterschool Development organizations, creating a new national
model that uses performance as our approach to helping kids and their families grow on and off the stage, and
bridge-building through volunteer and direct partnership initiatives between affluent supporters, their families,
and the youth of All Stars.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply by clicking the link above. Be sure and join our Talent Community to stay updated on
other job opportunities. To learn more about All Stars Project, please visit our website at https://allstars.org/